Wednesday 27 September 2017

Back to the Drawing Board

I haven't glaze fired pots since April last year, and its been making me nervous. Im normally all into atmospheric firing. Salt, Soda and Wood. However until Salty is repaired I'm in a place where I tell my professors about how excited I am about the challenge, and on the other hand I say nothing about how irritated I am about how its not been repaired ;). I've got my fingers crossed. 

I've been making some casually gnarly stoneware pots and some clean porcelain that make sweet music. Though I must be honest about how little time I've spent in the studio since this heat wave hit, we're in a big steel box with no air-conditioning, slow going. I've got my fingers crossed for cool weather.

This last firing had a few really good pots in it, but for the most part they were the kind of pots that will end with a long drop and a sudden stop into the dumpster. Back to the Drawing Board. Luckily I've got more firings booked for this week to try and get it right so I've got my fingers crossed. 

 I'm running out of fingers to cross 

Luckily this weekend theres a wood firing with the Second year class that I'm going to follow. it'll be a hoot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment