Wednesday 6 December 2017

Kiln tuckers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

How the heck do you decorate a large Pot? the answer is simple. Make a lot and hope that you can figure that out at some point. 


So two things happened today. First, I was told that I should keep posting to Instagram because I'm so awesome... second, a good friend told me that my new hair cut was awesome. 

In the morning I'll be demonstrating how to throw large pieces to the first year class. But really I have no idea about what the heck I'm doing so I've had to get comfortable again with these bad boys so that I don't make too much a fool of myself. The process is in stages, bowl to coil throwing for the walls then finish with a nice rim for a lid. 


I've also been continuing my study on why those coin mould were so interesting to me. Some models have been made, I like to take my time on things like this. doing something, walk away and coming back to it later. letting myself stew on the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment