Sunday 3 March 2013

What did you do for your break week Jordan? "played in the mud"

Just before the break week...which means it was exam week. 

We had the privilege of hosting Phil Rogers in our studio. Watching him work and talk about pots was very inspiring. I've always been moved by that kind of "production" pottery. In school my education has been very focused on learning about contemporary work theory, I began to remember why it is that I fell in love with pots in the first place. 

I couldn't help myself after watching Phil work, I went home for the holidays and made some pots on friday and finished them on sunday. All that needs to happen is for them to be bisque fired at the London Clay Arts Centre (my home guild) and then I have to find a way of getting them to the College to be glazed...fingers crossed they make it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment