Monday 4 December 2017

surface


I sometimes go back and forth about what "Stuff" is and my part in making more of it. George Carlin did a hilarious skit about "Stuff" www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac it also ties in with a personal belief that I have about how much stuff is wasted and used. Today I went dumpster diving and found great stuff that was being chucked out. I was thinking that the school should have a "room of stuff" for students to take and leave as needed. However I can live in mild comfort when I can tell my customers about the process of my stuff.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GorqroigqM 

I don't really enjoy sharing my process because I don't find it very interesting to talk about. Other peoples processes are so sweet. These are gas fired stoneware and porcelain pots all with the same glaze. But I was able to change its surface quality depending on how thick I applied it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment