Tuesday 5 December 2017

Seeds



www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4


Is is possible to miss someone you never met? My Grandpa Green died long before I was born. I keep his knife with me at all times, my mom gave it to me because she says that I'm exactly like him. I don't give a shit about the rules if they get in my way of enjoying myself the and I have a terrible sense of humour. Not to mention that I look exactly like him. Every time some sees me who knew him really well, well they always get gob smacked. Theres so many stories about the nonsense he did and the way he looked at the world. The knife followed him to Holland in the 40's, its a real special object. So the question is, do I miss him because the reminds me of him? What power do objects have?  


I'm just a potter. Theres really isn't anything special about me. But I love to do it. I grew up knowing what it meant to make things grow. My Grandparents bought our family home when they were young. They wanted a peaceful life of farming. I'm floored when I meet people who have no idea what it takes to get food. So I make Seed Jars. These are not useful today. But I hope that people stop to think about what food is.  





www.greensgrow.org/urban-farm/what-is-urban-farming/?gclid=CjwKCAiApJnRBRBlEiwAPTgmxJQk3KW_1Cl_r1du0Y48myYMVjekIeL9qAiB4EnIOzxtvT9nDCG0QxoCPz0QAvD_BwE

No comments:

Post a Comment